Swann Morton Scalpel Blades
Browse our range of Swann Morton Scalpel Blades online here at Premier Healthcare. With over 30 shapes to choose from, available sterile or non-sterile and in either stainless or carbon steel, we’re sure you will find a suitable scalpel blade for your needs.
- Swann Morton Carbon Steel Non-Sterile No. 10 Blades (100)0101 Swann Morton£11.29
- Swann Morton Carbon Steel Non-Sterile No. 10A Blades (100)0102 Swann Morton£11.29
- Swann Morton Carbon Steel Non-Sterile No. 11 Blades (100)0103 Swann Morton£11.29
- Swann Morton Stainless Steel Blades Sabre E11 (100)0325 Swann Morton£21.54
The Swann Morton range of blades have been honed and perfected over many years, working with healthcare professionals around the world to create the most comprehensive range of surgical blades in the fields of General and Specialist Surgery, Dentistry, Chiropody / Podiatry and Veterinary care.
Swann Morton scalpels are the first choice of surgeons across the world and it isn’t difficult to see why. Shop Swann Morton Blades online here at Premier Healthcare, or check out our range of Swann Morton Handles, Disposable Scalpels or Blade Removers to discover more.
How do you change a Swann Morton Blade?
To Remove a Swann Morton Blade
1. Grip the blade with forceps or needle holders at point A making sure that the cutting edge is facing away from hand and body.
2. Ensure the blade is pointing downwards and towards the trolley and NOT towards another member of your team.
3. Whilst holding the handle, firmly lift the back edge of the blade with the forceps or needle holders and slide away the handle.
The preferred method would be to use a Swann-Morton blade remover device.
To attach a Swann Morton Blade
1. Grip blade with forceps, or similar, avoiding contact with cutting edge.
2. Hold handle in left hand with bayonet fitting uppermost.
3. Place blade partway over handle fitting and engage slots.
4. Slide blade until it clicks into position.
5. To improve assembly, flex blade slightly upwards when sliding onto the handle.